Monday, March 05, 2012

Homestyled



I remember an instructor in design school commenting on the importance of one's interior space and how their happiness and inspiration is completely effected by such. Its amazing how true that statement has become for me. Some weeks more than others. This one happens to be especially prominent.

The outcome of my entire day seems to be abnormally dependent on how my home looks and feels to me. Whether it be while I work on jewelry or photos or am even just cooking dinner. I cant seem to get things done unless things are just so. Now I'm not sure if its just my semi-serious case of OCD, or if it does truly effect others the way it does me. I keep thinking that at some point, I'll have things the way I like them and inspiration will flow again but dammit its taking forever this time around. Perhaps the sun will shine again soon and I can pry my buns off this damn computer chair. Maybe that's my problem. It's not my home, its that I'm in my home too much to appreciate the areas I do love. Hmm.

Cheers to sun again then folks. And inspiring homes.




1 comment:

  1. i just found your blog through "it's my darlin" ... it's great! :) and i completely feel the same way with my house/productivity/inspiration... i am a jewelry designer too and i can't even sit down at my work bench unless things in my house (also in ballard!) feel just so.

    ReplyDelete